- GSP Audio - Gram Amp 2 Communicator
It may look cheap and plain but this little phono preamp is legendary for its audio performance! The Gram Amp 2 Communicator phono preamp is THE phono preamp that first made the GSP name synonymous with superior vinyl reproduction and incredible sound staging!£180.00
- Creek OBH-18 Phono Pre AmpThe OBH-18 was released in late 2003. The function of the OBH-18 is to boost the level and correct the frequency response of a low level signal coming from a moving magnet phono pick-up on a conventional turntable. The OBH-18 is designed to boost the signal and introduce an R.I.A.A. frequency response characteristic.£209.26
- GSP Audio - Gram Amp 2 Special Edition
A phono stage/preamp for moving magnet, high output moving coil and moving iron phono cartridges.
"I can't think of any other phono stage anywhere near its price that can match the 2 SE's clear, taut, and dynamic bass response, nor approach its high frequency clarity and resolution." STEREO TIMES£260.00
- Puresound T10 Moving Coil Transformer
It has been our experience that the best results are achieved when using moving coil cartridges loaded via a correctly matched transformer. The T10 contains two wide bandwidth, custom manufactured transformers with MuMetal cores.£369.95
- GSP Audio - Era Gold V
The Era Gold V phono stage preamp is for moving magnet, moving iron and high output moving coil phono cartridges in the range 2mV to 10mV.
"This amazing-sounding product took me by surprise. I continue to recommend it for high-output moving coil cartridges..."
Michael Fremer, Analog Corner, Stereophile£430.00
- GSP Audio - Reflex M or CThe Reflex M phono stage preamp is the new one box solution for Moving Magnet Cartridges - capable of high end performance.The Reflex C phono stage preamp is the new one box solution for conventional (low) output moving coil cartridges having an output of 0.2 to 1.0 mV.£540.00
- GSP Elevator EXP c/w PSU1 power supply (MC step up)
The Elevator EXP Pre Preamplifier preamplifies the signal from a conventional output moving coil phono cartridge to moving magnet cartridge sensitivity. The signal is then fed to a moving magnet phono stage as pictured right.
It's better than a step up transformer because noise cannot be induced into it, and it's far more linear making for a better bass response.
It's the electronic equivalent of a moving coil step up transformer, or as moving coil enthusiasts abbreviate it:SUT. However, a step up transformer easily picks up hum and electrical disturbances — it also consumes some of the delicate signal current to magnetize its core. What's so bad about that? Read on.£640.00
- Revelation M or C
Revelation M phono stage preamp: for moving magnet, high output moving iron and high output moving coil cartridges
"...the musical delivery steps up several levels - to the extent that with certain records it starts to challenge the musical virtues (as opposed to the sonic qualities) of the more expensive units here."
Roy Gregory, Hi-Fi +
Revelation C phono stage preamp: for low output moving coil cartridges. Capable of high end sound with huge levels of flexibility.£740.00
- Puresound P10 MM Phono StageThis Phono stage is the best we have heard at this price point and betters highly regarded phono stages in excess of £3000. Sound is exceptionally good tonally with complete freedom from grain and any hint of harshness. Fluid and beguiling with great texture on instruments and timbral insight - Dynamic, yet detailed, this phono stage is the whole package and is a delight to recommend. This is all you need for Moving Magnet (MM) and high output moving coil cartridges.For Low output moving coils, the best option is to add the high quality GSP Audio (Graham Slee) Elevator active step up. This has variable input loadings to accommodate any moving coil. If you're on a tighter budget then the Pure sound T10 step up transformer is the other option"£769.95
- GSP Audio - Accession MM Phono StagePhenomenal phono stage that cannot be overhyped because it really is that good - comfortably outperforms many phono stages at well over 4 times the price. GSP audio may not always be flavour of the month but is a true market leader that shatters the recommendations of a seemingly endless stream of mediocre stages with great reviews.£936.00
- Amazon Audio B Labs Phono Stage
We were initially skeptical of the Amazon Audio B Labs – after all, it’s virtually unheard of so we carried out careful evaluation in a variety of systems. The verdict was that we had to acquire this fantastic piece of kit because it does so much for the sound – highly involving, organic with a beautiful integrated presentation. It’s hard to characterise the sound because it’s essentially right – yes it has fabulous low-end power, depth, definition and slam but subtle timbrel shading, exquisite vocals and top end transients are also outstanding. A few pointers to the quality of this almost underground product is that Les of Walrus Hi-Fi rated it as a very high value product. Secondly, a “no advertising” piece in a German magazine (renowned for their honest and sometimes scathing reviews) used it as their reference amplifier for many years. Lastly, the UK importer stated that after he replaced a 21K phono stage with the B-lab Amazon, the difference was not that great which points to exceptional value.£4,975.00