Silver 9.5" Tonearm unless specified below
"It's incredibly smooth, natural, organic (unlike the frigid SME and the Ekos with its poor tonal colouring), and just cuts to the quick. I could go on for ever about its new levels of insight, its incredible liquidity, its amazing grip, its stunning low level detail and resolution, but I won't. Suffice to say that - on balance
- this is probably the best tonearm in the world right now, and the £599 price tag is laughably low. The Silver (MK1) is...the very best tonearm I've ever heard…
awsomely tight bottom end...the midband - glass clear, incredibly liquid, fantastic image precision, walkaround soundstaging and incredible timbral realism...the treble is shockingly open and airy up top...words can’t express how good this is - one of the designs of the decade."
The Silver arm is now in MK3A form, having undergone significant upgrading since its introduction in 2002. When first launched the arm received widespread acclaim for outperforming high end arms but at a fraction of the cost.
The Silver possesses a superb blend of performance attributes which make it a truly great all round performer, It's inherent musicality allows it excels in all aspects of music to produce great dynamics, natural tonal balance, transparency and a host of other virtues. Unlike many arms, this arm does not have any obvious weaknesses.
All critical components employ advanced alloys and innovative techniques.
• High grade aircraft alloy tube with special rear stub for improved counterweight rigidity. The sound produced is free from coloration allowing previously unheard low level information to be noticed clearly. This also enables the arm to exhibit a clean dynamic sound coupled with a tight and powerful bass.
• Well specified and highly robust bearings. These bearings are housed in an advanced yoke which includes highly developed decoupling techniques. These result in an incredibly transparent arm with superb tonal balance.
• High grade Internal Litz wire and upgrade external cable with high conductivity RCA plugs to fit into your amplification.
• Integral VTA adjustment.
• Easy to fit - The threaded base mounting makes the arm easy to fit to any armboard designed for Rega arms as it is a drop in replacement for ALL versions of Rega arm whether threaded base or 3 point mounting. There is also an Origin Live SME adaptor which means the arm can be fitted to any armboard for SME arms. Predrilled armboards are also available for the Linn LP12. Click the options tab at top of this page to order any of these armboards.
For fitting guidance see arm fitting
We suggest you order a stylus force gauge £8 to set tracking force if you don't have one - see options tab at the top of this page.
"I have fitted my new (Silver) tonearm and can now see why you were so excited about it. It gives a very clear focus to my music, the stereo effect is superb and the response is incredible. All the instruments in each piece I played have a new vibrancy about them. To say that I am very pleased with it would be an understatement. It was also extremely easy to fit and set up. It has only after such a short time given a new meaning to vinyl listening for me. Thank you for your advice."
- R Warrom, UK
"Two years ago I bought a Gyro SE with a Rega 600 arm and Ortofon Rhoman cartridge. This again, was a huge step up (from my Linn Axis). Recently I have purchased your Silver arm. I put it on my Gyro with the Ortofon cartridge and was completely blown away. I was amazed at how much better vinyl playback could still get. Every aspect of the music was improved with no compromise. Over the years I have made many improvements (some very costly) to my system, but this arm is by far the biggest improvement I have ever made."
- J Strattan, Vancouver, Canada
"Last Friday Les from Walrus systems fitted a Silver Taper tonearm to Nottingham analogue Hyperspace. I just wanted you to know that Les did a superb job in fitting the arm and the difference it makes is unbelieveable!. It now sounds like I have upgraded every part of the system ( except the poor old CD player which feels very left out). Speakers now seem to disappear every time the needle hits the groove. Thank you for the best value product in audio today and my advice is to ditch that cd and buy a Silver Taper and get a true professional like Les to fit it"
- M Ricketts