Turntable Options & Additions
Fully Balanced Upgrade Transformer
If you want to significantly upgrade your deck with increased dynamics, better definition, clarity and sense of power then the purpose built upgrade transformer represents high value.
With its advanced design and high power specification this transformer has a dramatic effect due to:
- Low resistance for quicker response and ability to deliver high current instantaneously for motor transient peaks
- Fully balanced design to vastly reduce noise levels which interfere with smooth running in any motor
- Advanced isolation from mains corruption
- Low noise
The specially designed Upgrade Transformer is compatible with all Origin Live turntables. This means it’s a straightforward replacement for the small transformer normaly supplied. The upgrade transformer is housed in an outboard enclosure. Installation could not be easier, all you do is plug it in.
You can order this option on the turntable ordering page but if you already have a turntable and are upgrading, go to Turntable Spares and Upgrades
12″ Arm Mounting
The 12″ sub-chassis enables you to fit all Origin Live 12″ inch arms. If you are considering this option, then it is easier and less costly to specify the 12″ sub-chassis with the deck at time of order rather than considering it as an option for the future.
- If you would like to learn about the advantages of 12 inch arms over 9″ arms, you can read our helpful article
- The method commonly employed by other brands, for fitting 12 inch arms is to change the armboard. This is not possible for Origin Live armboards because they are integrated into the structure of the sub-chassis.
- Only 12 inch Origin Live tonearms will normally fit this option – other 12 inch arm brands can be quoted on a case by case basis.
To include the 12 inch sub-chassis when you order your deck – select it in the options list that appears when you order your deck.
If you already have a standard Origin Live deck and wish to change to a 12 inch arm mount, the only solution is to swap over the entire sub-chassis assembly. This is only possible on MK3 decks and also involves more expense than including the 12 inch arm mount in the first place. To order a 12 inch sub-chassis in this instance please go look at our upgrades page. You will need to return your current sub-chassis for this option. We will send you a guide on how to carry out this operation which is straightforward to do yourself.
Dual Arm Mounting
The dual armboard allows 2 Origin Live or Rega arms to be fitted to the deck. Reasons for this are as below:
- If you have dirty or damaged records you can play them through a cheap cartridge without needing to keep changing cartridge
- You may have 2 cartridges for particular applications such as a mono cartridge for mono records
- If you set up the arms for different record thicknesses it avoids needing to keep adjusting the VTA
- Dealers use them to enable quick comparisons of different tonearms with the same cartridge
If you are considering this option, then it is easier and saves money to order the dual armboard sub-chassis with the deck and not at a later date.
If you already have a standard Origin Live deck and wish to change to a dual armboard, the only solution is to swap over the entire sub-chassis assembly. This option is only possible on MK3 decks and also involves considerably more expense than ordering the deck with dual armboard included.
Please note that the dual armboard for the Aurora and Calypso is different and more economical than that of the one for the Resolution and Sovereign decks.
You can order this option on the turntable ordering page.
The multi-layer platter is difficult to produce but the performance improvements are worth it. Noteable are increased dynamics, ultra fast transients, deeper bass and improved definition throughout the range. However all aspects of the music benefit when you install this platter.
The Multi-layer platter uses advanced energy dissipation techniques to both support the record with minimum resonance whilst at the same time allowing energy to escape. This item solves complex issues that plague sonic purity and derives from massive research and development. The closer structures get to the actual record the more they have to be right.
This option is included as standard on the Sovereign deck and above. However it may be added as an optional extra to the Calypso & Resolution. If coupled with the upgrade transformer this brings the performance of the Resolution to almost the same level as the Sovereign Turntable.