Sovereign MK4 Features
Better specified than decks lower in the Origin Live range, the Sovereign boasts improved decoupling of the main bearing and armboard. The previous MK3-2 version introduced a complex multilayer platter designed to dissipate energy in the most effective manner possible. This proved to be a huge upgrade and resulted in more outstanding comments from the press.
The plinth is high mass and uses systematic decoupling design throughout.
Sovereign’s load-compensating power supply is the culmination of work carried out over decades, and is designed to feed clean power to the motor across a wide range of temperatures. It uses highly sophisticated circuitry and a top quality transformer.
The Balanced Upgrade Transformer is included as standard, giving an uncanny sense of effortless and ease to musical performance. The Upgrade Transformer lowers noise floor but more importantly allows the motor to receive massive instantaneous current delivery. There is an increased sense of power, energy and dynamics.
Sovereign is hand-built in Britain to extremely high standards.
Sovereign is a visually arresting turntable. Its unique styling is purposeful yet elegant, beautifully hand finished with a polished black plinth and chrome suspension pods and accenting.
High Grade Parts
- High mass plinth using low resonance sandwich construction increases bass performance and overall definition
- Triple plinth decoupling helps isolate the deck from its surroundings
- Low resonance, high inertia platter is deeper than lower range models
- Platter decoupled from the bearing with an acoustically inert sub-platter
- Origin Live’s most highly toleranced bearing for the lowest possible friction
- Ultra rigid sub-chassis with unique centre point support and damping devices
- Specially damped, high mass motor housing
- Special high grade oi
Thanks to its unique design, there is nothing to go out-of-tune. A non-suspended design, it is simple to set up for fuss-free performance. VTA arm adjustment is convenient, with open access to the underside of the armboard.
450mm wide, 380mm deep, 160mm high
32kg (heavyweight platter is an additional 2.1kg)