Sovereign MK4 Features
Better specified than decks lower in the Origin Live range, the Sovereign boasts improved decoupling of the main bearing and armboard. The previous MK3-2 version introduced a complex multilayer platter designed to dissipate energy in the most effective manner possible. This proved to be a huge upgrade and resulted in more outstanding comments from the press.
The plinth is high mass and uses systematic decoupling design throughout.
Sovereign’s load-compensating power supply is the culmination of work carried out over decades, and is designed to feed clean power to the motor across a wide range of temperatures.
Sovereign is hand-built in Britain to extremely high standards.
Sovereign is a visually arresting turntable. Its unique styling is purposeful yet elegant, beautifully hand finished with a polished black plinth and chrome suspension pods and accenting.
High Grade Parts
- High mass plinth using low resonance sandwich construction increases bass performance and overall definition
- Triple plinth decoupling helps isolate the deck from its surroundings
- Low resonance, high inertia platter is deeper than lower range models
- Platter decoupled from the bearing with an acoustically inert sub-platter
- Origin Live’s most highly toleranced bearing for the lowest possible friction
- Ultra rigid sub-chassis with unique centre point support and damping devices
- Specially damped, high mass motor housing
- Special high grade oi
Thanks to its unique design, there is nothing to go out-of-tune. A non-suspended design, it is simple to set up for fuss-free performance. VTA arm adjustment is convenient, with open access to the underside of the armboard.
450mm wide, 380mm deep, 160mm high
32kg (heavyweight platter is an additional 2.1kg)