The Sussurro ~ critical design decisions, realized. Lowest internal mass. Best damping. Esoteric stylus and cantilever. If you need to stay in constant contact, your cartridge has arrived.
Inspired by Frank Schröder, designed and individually hand made by Peter Ledermann, Soundsmith’s Sussurro is a cartridge designed to specifically address the most intricate and critical issues of cartridge design. The new MKII Sussurro has a newly designed moving iron element to reduce moving mass by 70%; extremely low stored energy, the new MKII damping system and an innovative energy distribution path to effectively transfer mechanical energy away from the cantilever through the cartridge body into the tone arm. So what does all this mean??
Low jitter. Jitter? You probably thought that was a term reserved for digital systems. Not so. Stylus jitter is responsible for loss of detail, and making a cartridge sound, well, like a cartridge. The Sussurro stays in constant contact with the record groove. If you are not in constant contact, you can’t hear what has truly been recorded.
Also available in dual-coil mono.
Made in the USA. Rebuild Price? Less than 20% of MSRP ! ~ The Sussurro mk II features a 2 year warranty to the original owner.
Why a fixed coil cartridge?
Long term investment due to rebuild
- Cartridge Type: Fixed Coil
- Output: High
- Available As Dual Coil Mono: Yes
- Stylus: Contact Line Nude, 0.100mm SQ
- Radius of curvature: OCL (Optimized Contour Contact Line) SELECTED
- Cantilever: Ruby
- Recommended tracking force: 1.8 to 2.2 grams
- Effective tip mass: 0.30 mg
- Compliance: 10μm/mN (low compliance)
- Frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz ± 1.0 dB
- Channel separation (stereo only): 1000 Hz >34 dB, 50-15,000 >25 dB
- Channel difference: <0.5 dB (Stereo) <1.0 dB (Mono)
- Output Voltage: ≥0.4 mV
- DC Resistance (DCR): 10-11 Ω each channel
- Coil: 2.75 mH each channel
- Suggested Preamp Gain: 58-64 dB
- Soundsmith Recommends: MCP2 Variable Loading Preamp
- Cartridge weight: 10.25 grams
- Loading: ≥ 470 Ω