How it all began.
Ever since Origin Live was founded in 1986, Chief Designer Mark Baker has placed his emphasis on continuous innovative design. When it came to creating another tonearm beyond compare, the design team at Origin Live welcomed the challenge. In anticipation of it’s extreme performance capability, the new super-arm was provisionally named the Renown.
Sparing no expense, the team opened up the possibilities to upgrade our materials to cutting edge levels. Some of our new materials are even those used to machine the super-alloys in space craft.
Recent advances to our all in-house production processes have enabled us to design components that were previously considered unthinkable.
The results are staggering. Improvements were expected, but not on the scale that even early prototypes demonstrated. With continuous development the design matured to the point that it was clear the Renown was unquestionably a remarkable landmark in Vinyl replay.
The Renown offers an incomparable musical experience, and also a beautiful design. We invite you to audition the Renown and enjoy it for yourself.
- Dual pivot bearings with tungsten carbide points for vertical movement.
- Proprietary ultra low friction ball bearings for horizontal movement.
- Highly rigid multi-layer reinforced arm tube.
- Inert Yoke and Counterweight comprising highly specified materials.
- Advanced de-coupling techniques throughout.
- Advanced Energy management devices throughout to control resonance and reflection.
- Integral VTA Adjuster.
- Azimuth adjustment.
- Low resonance side bias adjustment.
- Highest grade wiring using highly specified Copper Litz and Silver wires.
- High grade Rhodium plated phono plugs.
- Available in 9, 9.5, 10, and 12 inch effective arm lengths.
- Adaptors available to suit mounting to most turntables.
A tonearm from Origin Live is anything but ordinary. Transforming materials into a musical device is complex, and Driven by a deep seated curiosity we have always turned to listening tests to determine the secrets our choices of material selection, shape and treatment. When every variation to a component makes a difference, we conduct all of our production, research and development in house testing our products directly from the machine to the listening room.
We recognize that opportunities offered by new technologies are only the beginning. Decades of creating award winning designs have always followed the same exploratory steps. Every detail and design principle requires testing against numerous alternatives to ensure absolute performance for your investment. The Renown is no exception and the results will give it’s listeners a very special experience for generations.