Options and Ordering
To order an Origin Live arm and see the various options and extras available, simply press the “Add to Cart” button. This takes you to the order page which shows a number of options and extras. Below is a sumary of the more important options available.
Effective length and fitting options
Our Standard arms are 9.5 inch (240mm) effective length. These fit the following decks:
- All Origin Live decks
- All Rega decks and any deck with a Rega arm mount
- All turntables with an SME mount – you can order our SME adaptor plate to enable this (see options on order page).
- All Technics 1200 or 1210 series decks – you can order our Technics armboard to enable this (see options on order page).
We recommend using our standard 9.5 or 12 inch length arms whenever possible even if it means asking your turntable manufacturer for a Rega arm mount. You may also be able to adapt your current armboard to fit the 9.5 inch arms. See Fitting guidance. The reason for this recommendation is that if you should ever wish to upgrade your deck to an Origin Live turntable then the arm will fit perfectly. Secondly the arm has wider demand and usually maintains higher value.
There are instances where it is difficult to fit the 9.5 inch arms so by popular demand we also offer different arm lengths and geometry to enable fitting to a large variety of other brand turntables. These are listed on the ordering page for every arm.
- 9 inch length (229mm) with Linn effective arm length and geometry with base mount to fit your existing Linn armboard. This arm version will install directly on your Linn as a drop in replacement for all Linn Arms > Read More
- 10 inch arm length option (will not fit Origin Live decks)
- 12 inch arm length option (fits Origin Live decks)
You will see these various options below offered on the ordering page for each arm – You need to click the “Add To Cart” button of a tonearm page to view these, as options vary slightly between arms.
Internal and external wiring with RCA phono plugs are included in all our tonearms. The comparison chart above will tell you the grade used in each arm.
We offer additional internal and externa cable upgrade options. These come in various grades which you will see on the tonearm ordering page. A full description of some of these upgrades is given on the link tonearm cable upgrades.
If you have an Linn LP12 or similar turntable we highly recommend ordering your arm with the right angle 5 Din Pin option. This is useful because there is often not a lot of room to bend the cable to clear the baseboard.
Of all the cable options the Silver Hybrid cable makes by far the most difference, as it possesses extremely high performance against cables costing over 6 times as much.